How do you make deer antlers with pipe cleaners?
Slide your pipe cleaner circle onto your bottle and point the pipe cleaner stems upwards to make the reindeer antlers. Cut off the top third of the pipe cleaner and twist it around the upright to make the antler sections and repeat with both antlers.
How do you make reindeer ears from felt?
- Print out the template. Cut out the felt template piece.
- Trace out four antlers onto the felt. Cut out the antlers.
- Hot glue two pipe cleaner halves onto one antler piece.
- Hot glue your two remaining felt pieces on top of your first two antler pieces.
- Curl your pipe cleaner ends around your headband.
What is deer antlers?
Antlers are extensions of an animal’s skull found in members of the deer family. Antlers are a single structure composed of bone, cartilage, fibrous tissue, skin, nerves, and blood vessels. They are generally found only on males, with the exception of the reindeer/caribou.
How do Antlers work?
Deer and their relatives grow antlers each spring and shed them every winter. When the antlers are fully grown, they harden to bone and the velvet is cut off from the deer’s blood supply and dies away. The velvet then sheds, and the deer try to remove it by rubbing it against trees and other structures.
How do kids make antlers?
- Face out the antlers so they’re the right way up.
- Stick the beige-coloured crepe paper on the antlers and the grey/brown on the ears.
- Wrap the long tab of an antler around the headband and staple onto itself at the back to secure.
- Place on child’s head and use face paint to draw on a red nose!
Do reindeer lose antlers?
Both male and female reindeer grow antlers, while in most other deer species, only the males have antlers. Males drop their antlers in November, leaving them without antlers until the following spring, while females keep their antlers through the winter until their calves are born in May.
How do you make a Rudolph headband?
Glue the red glitter nose in the middle of the muzzle. Place the pink cheeks on either side of the muzzle and glue in place. Glue the antlers on top of the reindeer’s head, one on each side. Use glue, tape, glue dots or a stapler to secure the headband extensions on either side of the completed reindeer head.