How do you make an animal costume at home?
Zoo Animal Costumes
- Crocodile. Turn a long narrow cardboard box into a crocodile head with this simple tutorial from Evil Mad Scientist.
- Flamingo. Here are 2 DIY flamingo costume ideas.
- Fox. For a detailed fox costume tutorial, check out Taylor Made Creates.
How do you make an elephant costume at home?
Customize your DIY elephant costume with your favorite colored and patterned felt.
- To make the ears: Enlarge and trace the patterns onto paper and cut out.
- To make the toes: Cut six large toes and six small toes from white felt.
- To make the elephant trunk: Cut a cardboard paper towel tube to 9 inches long.
How do you make a lion headband?
Download the lion headband template, print and cut out the pieces. Use a dark orange marker to draw straight lines all around the lion’s mane. Begin to make the lion part of the headband by gluing the face to the mane. Next glue the eyes to the lion head.
How do you make a homemade goat costume?
The choice is yours.
- Buy matching pants and turtleneck in the color of your goat to serve as the base of your costume.
- Make your horns. Horns are one of the most distinguishing features of a goat so construct two horns out of cardboard or by using paper mache.
- Create a tail.
- Carve hooves out of black foam.
How do you make animal masks?
- Fold your paper in half.
- Pre-draw the shape of half of an animal face the paper.
- Set the paper up on a table with markers and scissors.
- Invite your child to cut the mask out of the paper and then design and create an animal.
- Punch holes for the elastic, tie the elastic on, and wear!
How do you make a costume tail?
Lion or Cow Tail
- Cut the Fabric. Cut a strip of fabric approximately 2 1/2″ wide, fold the length of the strip with the wrong sides of the fabric together.
- Sew the Yarn Into the Seam. Insert pieces of yarn at the narrow end.
- Stuff and Tack the Tail. Stuff the tube with polyester or cotton stuffing.
How do you make a animal tail?
Making Animal Tails
- Fold your fabric in half and cut out your shape.
- If you are not using fur, skip to the pin and sew step!
- Then sew the both fur/fabric edges together on your sewing machine.
- Now lay your two tail pieces together so their right sides are touching and pin around the edges.