- 1 How do you make an elephant costume at home?
- 2 How do you make felt elephant ears?
- 3 How do you make an elephant headband?
- 4 How do you make an animal dress at home?
- 5 How do you make an animal mask at home?
- 6 How do you make an elephant craft?
- 7 How do you make an elephant trunk with cardboard?
- 8 How do you make paper elephant ears?
How do you make an elephant costume at home?
Customize your DIY elephant costume with your favorite colored and patterned felt.
- To make the ears: Enlarge and trace the patterns onto paper and cut out.
- To make the toes: Cut six large toes and six small toes from white felt.
- To make the elephant trunk: Cut a cardboard paper towel tube to 9 inches long.
How do you make felt elephant ears?
Cut a long grey strip of felt, approximately 1/2 inch in width. Wrap the felt around the headband, securing with the hot glue gun. Fold the ear pieces on the sides of the headband. Hot glue around the margins and the middle to secure.
How do you make an elephant headband?
- Download the elephant headband template, print and cut out the pieces.
- Glue the eyes around the middle of the head.
- Place the cheeks below the eyes and on the outside of the trunk and glue in place.
- Make the ears by gluing the pink inner ear to the gray outer ear.
How do you make an animal dress at home?
Zoo Animal Costumes
- Crocodile. Turn a long narrow cardboard box into a crocodile head with this simple tutorial from Evil Mad Scientist.
- Flamingo. Here are 2 DIY flamingo costume ideas.
- Fox. For a detailed fox costume tutorial, check out Taylor Made Creates.
How do you make an animal mask at home?
- Fold your paper in half.
- Pre-draw the shape of half of an animal face the paper.
- Set the paper up on a table with markers and scissors.
- Invite your child to cut the mask out of the paper and then design and create an animal.
- Punch holes for the elastic, tie the elastic on, and wear!
How do you make an elephant craft?
Follow the Step-by-Step Instructions:
- Cut Out the Elephant Shapes. Carefully cut out the elephant shapes from the template.
- Trace Around the Shapes.
- Assemble the Shapes and Add Detail.
- Gently Fold the Ears.
- Create 3 Paper Loops.
- Secure Between the Ears.
- Add the Head.
- Create One More Large Paper Loop.
How do you make an elephant trunk with cardboard?
To make the trunk, cut a curved section out of the large cardboard tube piece, as shown. Place one of the smaller cardboard tubes next to the large tube. Using the pencil, make a small mark on both of the tubes and do the same on the opposite side. Use the pencil marks as your guide and punch holes in both the tubes.
How do you make paper elephant ears?
Play It By Ear: Easy Elephant Craft for Kids
- Cut open the bag so it lays flat and draw an elephant ear shape on one side. Cut out the ear, flip over and trace an outline for the second ear.
- Use that string to measure along one of the edges of your paper bag.
- Staple or tape an ear on each side of the headband.