- 1 How do you dress like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz?
- 2 What does Dorothy carry in her basket?
- 3 What do you need for a scarecrow costume?
- 4 How do you make a homemade scarecrow?
- 5 How do you dress like a wizard?
- 6 How do you make a homemade Halloween costume for kids?
- 7 Does Dorothy Gale have freckles?
- 8 What color is Dorothy’s hair from Wizard of Oz?
How do you dress like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz?
Dorothy’s dress is a pinafore dress, which is a sleeveless garment usually worn by young girls as a dress over a blouse. Sewing a simple pinafore dress with a blue and white gingham fabric will serve as a great costume.
What does Dorothy carry in her basket?
After production shut down temporarily in October of 1938—in order to make some critical changes—adding the basket gave Dorothy a way to carry a supply of apples as well as the Tin Man’s oil can (which previously he wore around his waist like a flask).
What do you need for a scarecrow costume?
Adorable yarn-hair wigs, simple makeup and a flannel shirt create this easy-peasy costume for couples or groups. Get the tutorial at Hands Occupied. A last-minute scarecrow costume is especially easy to pull off if you already have a flannel shirt and overalls. Just add a few patches, some straw, and a floppy hat.
How do you make a homemade scarecrow?
How to Make a Scarecrow
- Button, zip or close the shirt and pants where necessary, tie ends of shirt arms and pant legs closed with string or rope.
- Stuff full with bags or newspaper.
- Use safety pins to attach shirt to pants at waist.
- Stuff pillowcase into size and shape of a face.
How do you dress like a wizard?
Try a long, flowing robe. Wizards are often notably dressed in long, flowing robes. You can purchase a robe at a costume store or use a robe in your home. You can also try sewing your own robe if you can work a sewing needle or sewing machine. Making a wizard robe is simple.
How do you make a homemade Halloween costume for kids?
Easy Homemade Halloween Costumes for Kids
- Candy Rapper. Drop some sweet beats this Halloween in this punny costume.
- Bull in a China Shop.
- Garden Fairy.
- Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm-Flailing Tube Man.
- Budding Beauty.
- Party Fowl.
- Chimney Sweep.
Does Dorothy Gale have freckles?
Judy Garland, as Dorothy Gale, looks heartbreakingly young thanks to a light dusting of freckles now visible under her studio-system makeup.
What color is Dorothy’s hair from Wizard of Oz?
Today it’s hard to imagine ” Wizard of Oz ” protagonist Dorothy Gale (played by Judy Garland) any other way than with brown hair in braids and minimal makeup. But early on, the movie’s production staff put Garland in a long blonde wig and heavy makeup, with defined eyebrows and lots of blush and lipstick.