How do you make a tail for a costume?
Lion or Cow Tail
- Cut the Fabric. Cut a strip of fabric approximately 2 1/2″ wide, fold the length of the strip with the wrong sides of the fabric together.
- Sew the Yarn Into the Seam. Insert pieces of yarn at the narrow end.
- Stuff and Tack the Tail. Stuff the tube with polyester or cotton stuffing.
How do you make a lion tail?
To create the lion tail, I cut a strip of yellow fleece a bit longer than the desired tail length. I folded the strip in half and placed a strip of scrap fabric down the center to make turning easier. I sewed the open edge of the strip closed and pulled the fleece tube right-side out.
How do you make a fabric tail?
- Cut a series of triangles into a long strip of fabric.
- Trace the edge of a bowl onto the main fabric and cut it out.
- Cut out 2 strips of fabric for the waist straps and glue them in place.
- Crease and glue the line of fabric spikes together.
- Cut a large, curved triangle out of fabric to make the base of the tail.
How do Antlers work?
Deer and their relatives grow antlers each spring and shed them every winter. When the antlers are fully grown, they harden to bone and the velvet is cut off from the deer’s blood supply and dies away. The velvet then sheds, and the deer try to remove it by rubbing it against trees and other structures.
What do I need to make a Fursuit tail?
Making a Tail
- Needle & Thread.
- Material for Belt Loops (such as elastic or nylon webbing)
- Fake Fur in the colors of your choice.
- Pins or sewing clips.
- Chalk or something to mark your fabric with (what to avoid?)
- Scissors or a Razor Blade.
- Reference Photos of your animal.
How do you make a skunk tail?
Make tail: Cut wire to length of hoodie and form a narrow loop. Cut black fur to fit wire, fold over wire, and glue edges together. Cut a strip of boa to fit on top of tail; attach with glue. Bend tail into an S shape and pin onto hem of hoodie or waistband of pants.