- 1 How do you make a Renaissance costume for men?
- 2 What do you wear to a Renaissance Party?
- 3 What do you wear with a poet shirt?
- 4 How do you look medieval?
- 5 What is a peasant style dress?
- 6 How do medieval peasants dress?
- 7 What shoes go with a Renaissance dress?
- 8 How did peasants make their clothes?
- 9 What did the middle class wear in the Renaissance?
- 10 Where do Romeo and Juliet first kiss?
- 11 How old was Romeo?
- 12 What costume would Romeo wear?
How do you make a Renaissance costume for men?
How to Make an Easy Male Renaissance Costume
- Find a loose fitting blouse or tunic. The sleeves should also be loose and puffy.
- Cinch the shirt at the waist. You can use a leather belt or a braided cord.
- Wear a pair of solid colored tights, leggings or knickers.
- Find a pair of tall boots.
- Find a loose fitting cap.
What do you wear to a Renaissance Party?
White or off-white linen chemise shirt (the fuller, the better) Solid color doublet (thick, poofy vest) Solid color breeches (Men attending Renaissance fairs get by wearing ankle-length breeches of cotton, although it seems knee-length is more accurate)
What do you wear with a poet shirt?
The most flattering style pants to wear with a poet’s shirt when you have an hourglass figure are straight leg or slim leg pants. Since poet’s shirts are loose-fitting you can wear them tucked into your pants or wear them outside your pants with a belt.
How do you look medieval?
10 Tips to Look More Medieval
- Ditch the eyeglass (sunglasses are right out) While I wear eyeglasses mundanely, I religiously crack open the old contact lens case every time I put on my medieval clothing.
- Make your own clothing from your own patterns.
- Fur and brocade.
What is a peasant style dress?
Peasant dresses are characterized by a certain “folksy” element that makes them stand out from the crowd. They may have provincial aspects, like earthy embroidery in floral patterns, but they can also have design details like puffed sleeves or low necklines in a manner typical of German folk clothing.
How do medieval peasants dress?
Medieval peasants would usually wear a tunic, short breeches or sometimes long trousers depending on the severity of the weather. The longer trousers that were worn by medieval peasants were usually tied with thongs.
What shoes go with a Renaissance dress?
Birkenstock shoes were first made in 1774 in Germany and have always had a rustic Medieval appeal to them. They resemble peasant shoes worn in the 14th and 15th-centuries. They are great shoes to wear with a Renaissance peasant costume. This style can be worn by both women and men.
How did peasants make their clothes?
Peasant men wore stockings or tunics, while women wore long gowns with sleeveless tunics and wimples to cover their hair. Sheepskin cloaks and woolen hats and mittens were worn in winter for protection from the cold and rain. Peasant women spun wool into the threads that were woven into the cloth for these garments.
What did the middle class wear in the Renaissance?
The middle class did wear nicer fabrics, better cuts, and richer colors than the lower class. They could wear certain silk, satin, brocade, and damask fabrics. Middle class women also wore layers but were unable to wear quite as many layers as the upper class. Their dresses would have nice trimmings and embroidering.
Where do Romeo and Juliet first kiss?
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.
How old was Romeo?
Romeo’s age is never given, but since he carries a sword, it can be assumed that he is not younger than Juliet’s thirteen years. It is much more likely that, given his immature responses to problematic events in the play, that he is probably about sixteen or seventeen years old.
What costume would Romeo wear?
A Romeo costume might include knee breeches or fitted pants with a long-sleeve lace up or a ruffled poet shirt. Juliet’s gown would be a lovely Renaissance dress in rich fabric and accented with jewels, gold cord, or other beautiful embellishments.