How do you make a Sacagawea costume?
- Decorate a brown, calf-length dress to look like Sacagawea’s dress. Choose a loose-fitting, straight dress.
- Wear a pair of flesh-tone pantyhose and suede moccasins.
- Part a long, black wig down the center.
- Place a baby doll in a papoose or wrap it in a Native American-style blanket.
How do you make an Indian pillowcase dress?
The story lines will be endless!
- Lay a pillowcase flat with the closed, short end directly in front of you.
- Draw two more half-moon shapes to make armholes.
- Make a slit upward about 1 1/2 inches at one armhole.
- Try the costume on your child.
- Lay the pillowcase flat with the open bottom end in front of you.